Friday, June 8, 2012

Abby's Baptism

So this happened in April but, you know, posting two months later is all the rage now.
My baby girl chose to be baptized. She chose to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
   In our church we believe that age 8 is when a child is ready to be held accountable for their actions. When she makes a mistake she needs to repent and ask for forgiveness from not only the person she wronged but from the Lord as well. This is something we have been teaching and practicing with Abby since she was very little. One day, while putting her to bed, she looked up at me and began to cry and said "Mom I don't know if I want to be 8 yet. It's going to be so hard." Of coarse I cried too but I reassured her that It won't be any different except she will have someone very special there to help her. When she was baptized she received the gift of the Holy Ghost which will be a companion to help her make right choices. I know that she will make the right choices to govern her life and that having the Holy Ghost will guide her towards the decisions that Heavenly father wants her to make too. She still has the choice to make her own decisions but has a little extra help to guide her to the correct ones. 

She is such a special little (Big) girl and I love her so much. She truly has a purpose in this life, even if that purpose is just to make people happy, which she does every day.
 I can't imagine my life without my sweet Abby.  Sometimes I just need to step back and realize that she is a little girl. Not a baby anymore and she has all kinds of thoughts and ideas floating around in her head. She wants to do the best. And she tries her hardest. 

We had a  lot of fun picking out her dress on ebay and when we got it we went out on a beautiful sunny day and took lots of pictures of her in it with the Book of Mormon.
She is so beautiful and I am one proud proud Mommy!


No comments: