Friday, June 3, 2011

Midway through 2011

Yes, I have not updated the blog in FOREVER! Well at least since December. Perhaps it's because our lives are totally boring OR we have been so busy with stuff that I haven't found or taken the time to write.

I have started back at school and am determined to finish this time. I should be done with my Associates Degree end of May 2012. I really wish I could be done end of 2011 but alas I am not that good at math. GRRR! I thought woohoo I passed my last class...950 (don't laugh), with flying colors. So in my mind I can do anything, RIGHT? Well, I figured I would see how hard the 1010 test was and try to test out. HA..... I couldn't even fathom the possible outcome to any of the problems. So that sets me back a whole semester. UGH!

Last semester I took 13 credit hours and had a blast. I really do like school. And I was fortunate enough to pull out all A's. I screamed so loud my family thought I was nuts. The summer semester starts soon and I am so happy. I like a break and I NEEDED a break but these last 4 weeks I have been bored out of my mind. Abby is still in school and so my days consist of laundry, playing on the computer, Netflix, and yard work. Blah! Of Course I start back on Monday and Abby's last day is Friday. Go figure!

I am still doing Stampin' Up! and have my group of girls over once a month. I really do enjoy it and I love the ladies that come over.

Abby is doing well in school. She is on her 4Th teacher. We absolutely loved Mrs. Faux but since she had her baby the school hasn't been able to nail down a permanent replacement. Abby adjusts well and is still enjoying school. She is pretty smart and gets along with everyone.

Her competitive season of gymnastics is underway and she is amazing. But I'm the Mom so I can say that. Gabe and I were really banking on the fact that she gets stage fright so we wouldn't have to pay for next season of gymnastics. But she loves it and is having a great time. Her last meet she placed 3rd in the all around. We are so proud. Her favorite part is the bars but she actually does better on the vault and beam. Which she used to hate.

It makes me laugh to see her because she is not really that flexible, just daring, and that is how she is able to do all her stunts. She really looks cute in her leotard and her sparkly hair.

She has two more meets left and then I am not sure if they will move her up a level or keep her on level 3 for another year. BUT if she goes up the prices skyrocket. $250 a month plus $1000 extra for meets and we...her PAYING parents...have to pay to see her in her meets. I really hope that this is something she wants to do because I am thinking about dropping her out of competitive and getting her into softball or soccer and just the rec gymnastics program. I guess we will see how things pan out in the next few months. We really want her to do well and have plenty different and fun experiences.

Gabe's work has picked up. HALLELUJAH! Now we just need to get rid of our credit card and pay off his new MLC (Mid life crisis) and we are home free.

Gabe keeps thinking he is having a mid life crisis. and in order to satisfy himself he had to get a sports car. He has been talking about it for years. YES he is only 35! But, alas his car decided to die and so he came home with the new bright and shiny, cherry red, two seater, convertible, Mazda, Miata. He is so excited and believe it or not, Abby is too. She is constantly asking if Daddy can take her for a ride. And last Monday she got her wish. Daddy took her out for half a day and just had fun. They are so cute.

Gabe decided to participate in mustache May. UGH! It was horrible. He thought it was hilarious and got a kick out of changing it each week and seeing everyones reaction. He only lasted 3 weeks but trust me that was more than plenty. I hated kissing him and having those course hairs go up my nose. Gross! But I have my husband back and now I am sure he won't do that again for awhile.

Gabe's sister Josie moved in with us the end of January. She is back from her mission and working and looking for the love of her life. I think. We shall see.

So that is our life in a nutshell. At least the last few months. We shall see how the next pan out....

No comments: