Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Camping Made Easy

I saw a post on Pinterest awhile back that mentioned bin camping. I thought it was a great idea so I decided to give it a try. We are two years in and couldn't be happier. It is so easy to grab and go. Only thing that requires planning is your food and clothes.
I keep three lists. One in each 20 gallon plastic bin and one on top of where I keep the bins so it is easy to grab and check off. I keep all of them in plastic protective sheets so they are protected and so I can use a dry erase marker while I am grabbing things. Then they are reusable. No need to reprint each trip.
Here is what they look like:

Bin #1 This is my kitchen bin
Everything I would need to prepare food and wash dishes is in this bin


Bin #2 This is my Campsite bin
Everything I could need around the campsite is in this bin


With my bins I make sure that they are always stocked and ready to go before and after we leave. Not really necessary to check before you leave but I check just in case someone got into them and took something out.
Next is my packing list.
I pull this out when preparing my meals. That way I can check off  the foods items as I put them in the cooler or my cloth grocery sacks.Easy peasy lemon squeezy!




Hope this inspires you to get prepared and ready for a summer of fun camping trips!

No comments: