Tuesday, June 29, 2010

May 2009

Okay so I am totally a month off but hey I have the old calendar in front of me so I can sort of recall. Lets see how it goes.
To start off the month we went to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses for our friend Hailey. She turned 6. It was a lot of fun for all of us. Gabe and I didn't realize how much fun those games could be. Our friend Mike kept sneaking us coins so we could play too and not just the kids.
We got to babysit little Ethan again. He is getting so big. I decided to get out the swing for him to play in. He liked that quite a bit. And Gabe figured it was about time we let him in on our tradition... Ice cream. Gabe and I always seem to be the first to give the kids in our family their first taste of ice cream. Although this time Ethan got a taste of Uncle Gabe kind...Soy! The look on his face tells all. LOL
Gabe is still trying to sell his Jeep. Anyone want it. $3100.
This picture is a little embarrassing but it is what I have for Mothers Day! See how I got the royal treatment from my cutie daughter. Abby painted my toes and thought it was totally hilarious to miss the nail and ACCIDENTLY(yeah right) paint my toe. Silly kid. And Gabe blow dried my hair. It was a pretty good day. We went to his parents house for a BBQ and Gabe's brother Jeremy decided to drop in and make a scene. He said that was the last time we will ever see him. He is disowning the family, and changing his name, and goodbye. Of coarse he made sure to pick his stage...where everyone would be...and on the day that would cause the most impact...Mothers Day! We thought things were getting better with him. Apparently not. We wish him the best.
We got a piano! Yeah! Abby is so excited. My aunt Kelly moved to Florida and gave away everything she had. She wanted to keep the piano in the family and we were more than happy to take it. Gabe has taught Abby a few things and she seems to really like it. I can't wait to hear beautiful music coming out of that room. And of coarse from my cute family. What could be better?
Abby had her testing for Kindergarten and her teacher said she passed with flying colors. She is very smart and will do great in first grade.
She had a field trip to Wheeler Farm and I got to go with. Of Coarse I forgot my camera. But who could remember a camera when there was 3-4 inches of snow on the ground, At the end of May! We had to bundle up and everyone was in snow boots, gloves, and coats and had umbrellas. The animals were not too happy and we didn't get too close because of all the puddles. The kids did have fun feeding the ducks but their hands got cold fast. Abby got to ride a school bus for the first time and thought it was pretty cool. We ended up having lunch back in the classroom and we watched A Bugs Life. I had fun with my cute kid...even though it snowed.
Gabe turned 33. What an old man I am married to. LOL. We didn't do much. I did surprise him though. We have been tight on money and were not going to be able to renew our Utah Football season tickets. Gabe thought the time to renew had expired but, I was sneaky and borrowed money from Gram and Gramp and got the tickets renewed. He was pretty excited. We had a yummy dinner and had brownies al la mode.
Gabe and Drew also did their first Triathlon this month. They both worked really hard and spent a lot of time at the gym preparing. They swam 1/2 mile, biked 13 miles, and ran 3 miles. Our neighbor Matt let Gabe borrow his bike which was totally awesome. Gabe was really excited and had to constantly remind himself "Thou shalt not covet, Thou shalt not covet." He did pretty good and is thinking he might try it again sometime.
I had my first card group. I did it! I really did it! I had quite a few who didn't show up but I was pretty pleased with the turnout. I think I had 10 out of 16. I can't wait to do it every month. I like coming up with projects and helping everyone do them. Abby loves to get in on it too and she does a pretty good job. I hope it works out and I can keep doing this because I really enjoy it.
We are still waiting on the adoption. If you or someone you know is thinking of placing please feel free to contact us through this blog by leaving a comment or emailing me at leeshalovesgabe@hotmail.com. We would love to extend our family. Abby is just dying for a sister or brother. And Gabe and I can't wait to have more little ones running about.
Well that was May! Hopefully I won't take as long to update next month.






No comments: