Monday, April 5, 2010

March 2010

March is always fun at our house. We have lots of birthdays and anniversaries. First it was Drews birthday and we had dinner and cake at Grandma and Grandpas. Abby loved getting to hold baby Ethan again. She is very baby hungry and doesn’t like to share. She breaks down in tears when she has to give someone else a chance at holding the baby. She is so sweet and just loves him so.
I found out this month that the card group that I am attending is ending and I am so sad. I love going every month and enjoying creative girl time. SO apparently I am going to do my own now. Starting next month I will be doing a card group at my house and getting creative with my bad self. (okay that statement just made me sound really old.) LOL So far I have about 13 ladies that want to be a part of it. Yipee! I did a lot of praying to know if it is right and so far I still feel really excited and ready to begin. Gabe thinks it will be a good thing for me too. Although a house full of crazy and creative ladies makes him a little nervous.
Abby turned 6 this month. Oh my goodness I was hit really hard with the reality of it. I was sad that I now have to shop in the BIG girl section. And just noticing her and how much she has grown and what a wonderful person she is it makes me happy and sad at the same time. I want her to stay little but I also want to see what a wonderful person she is going to become. She is amazing and I want to be just like her, aside from the occasional tantrums. LOL
The theme of Abby’s birthday party was Fancy Nancy Tea Parties. The girls came in their most POSH outfits and we had a French/Fancy word lesson. The girls,11 of them, decorated tiaras, made teapot picture frames, and played follow the hostess. For refreshments we had a chocolate fountain which all the girls loved. They dipped strawberries, marshmallows, and pretzels in the chocolate. They all went home with a t-shirt which Abby and I made with Fancy Nancy iron-ons. She got lots of great presents and was so excited to have friends over to play with. Cousin Sarah spent the night and Abby loved having her over. They both put on make-up together just before the party and came downstairs looking very glamorous. The grown-up party was also lots of fun and Abby got lots of Hello Kitty things including a Hello kitty waffle maker. Her favorite present was from aunt Katie which was a CTR necklace which she wears everyday without fail. Everyone had a great time.
The next week Abby was invited to two parties, Tabby and Tahirah’s. Abby made the decision to go to Tahirah’s because she doesn’t get to see her very often and she missed her. Although she made sure that Tabby knew she loved her and took a present over on her birthday too. Tahirah’s party was a pajama party. She had lots of fun there. And she was very excited to wear her new pajamas from her aunt Giselle and cousins. She took her pillow and blankie. When she came home she was very excited to tell about the fun things they did at the party. Abby is a great friend and loves to see and visit with all of them.
Gabe, Abby, and I also attended a foster parent meeting to see if that might be a good fit for us. After the meeting we all felt very uneasy about it and are pretty sure that it wouldn’t work for us. We really want to extend our family but, we do not think that foster parenting would be a good fit. We have been passing out pens with our LDSFS information as well as this blog information in hopes that maybe it will lead a birth parent to us. Our fingers are crossed and hope that another adoption is in our near future.
HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Gabe and I have been married for 10 years. Wow what fun. Somedays it feels like we have been together forever and others it seems like it was just yesterday. What a wonderful husband I have and I am so glad that I get to spend eternity with such a great man. He took me out to dinner and even gave me a present, which he wasn’t supposed to YET. We had a new diamond put in my ring but couldn’t afford to get it out of the shop yet. SURPRISE! He went a got it and surprised me just before dinner. Afterwards we went to a movie and had a lot of fun together. Cheers to another 10 years.
Last but not least, Gabe headed off to Moab for yet another Jeep Safari. Although he didn’t come back until April so I will post more about it next month. All I can say is I am glad he is home. I didn’t sleep well without him and being sick on top of that was really a bad combination.
Smiles :)

No comments: